Monday, October 27, 2008

DSLR and shipping

I've recently invested in a new camera (my first foray into the world of SLR) and have been busy getting to grips with my new toy, a Nikon D90. My first photography experiments have mostly been shipping so I've been visiting the Great South Wall at Poolbeg to capture some of the ships entering and leaving Dublin Port. You can view the schedule of arrivals and departures at the Dublin Port website here which makes it easier to plan visits knowing that there will be something to see. Between 1700hrs and 1800hrs every day is usually a good time to make the trip as most days there are about five or six arrivals at this time, mostly ferries and Lo-Lo (Lift On Lift Off container ships). However, there are also occasionally some more unusual visitors such as the recent arrival of the car transporter, Asian Legend.

No comments:

Post a Comment