Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Anyway, where am I ?

A recent comment here (thanks, Mr.Moss !) prompted me to post this. If your geography is anything like mine, you may have no idea where I am writing this stuff from. Well, here I am !
If you haven't used Google Maps before, you can have all sorts of fun by navigating around, zooming in, changing the view from MAP to SATELLITE, etc.  
You can also click HERE.

For example, HERE's a satellite view showing the hospital (the blue marker is the hospital complex and the red one is my house so you can appreciate my long commute to work every day) :





Now, ain't technology great ?

3 comments:

  1. yes technology is amazing. You can pay a flying visit via Google earth to Bray and keep an eye on your tenants!! (or better still have a virtual pint at the sailing club, Wendy (dunno how to post as my original handle)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - that is really good - I had tried to find a map of Flores so I could see your route from Maumere to Larantaka (eventful trip eh?! - hope bike functioning OK now) via coffeestop in Boru - anyway turns out I was looking for Larantaka on the west coast rather than the east. Geography was never my strong point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, brilliant! Good old Google Maps / Earth. I wondered where you were exactly so will have a look now!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete