Monday, February 2, 2009

So.... "what exactly have you been doing ?"

It’s now just seven months since I left my “permanent” and pensionable employment without much of an idea of what was coming next. Maybe it’s time for a little review.....what exactly have I done ?

Well, apart from lots of sailing....

I did some lazing around.........

I travelled to Malaysia on a container ship......

I visited Singapore, Brisbane, Sydney & Melbourne..........

I sailed around the Whitsunday Islands..............

I sailed around the islands of the Andaman Sea in Thailand............

I spent two weeks on Koh Lanta and in Bangkok............

And of course, there were a few beers along the way ...........


However, in the middle of all that idleness, the one constructive thing I did manage to do (and the one which is going to have the biggest influence on the next bit of my life) was applying to become a VSO volunteer. I’m still not 100% sure of exactly what my motivations were on the day when I decided to do this, but the die is now cast and I’m very much on the critical path to departure to Indonesia next Sunday.

Watch this space for more...


1 comment: